Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Buffet of Men

If there is one thing we understand in Las Vegas it is the concept of the Buffet. That wonderful, stuff yourself senseless, endless presentation of food with steamtables of hot dishes, iced salad bars with fruit, greens, veggies, mounds of bread and then, when you can't take another bite, there is the desert table. Well "silvermatch" is a lot like a Vegas buffet.

Never mind the 100, or so it seems, questionnaire of "hookup". With "silvermatch" you just set up an account and go. There is a profile space to reveal to the world your deepest yearnings for true and lasting love, discuss the mythical being you desire as a partner, set forth your life accomplishments to dazzle this unicorn which you hope to capture and upload your" here I am photo" (with or without fish). At least I think that's what women do. About half the time a guy's profile has no photo and under the fill in the blank portion; he just says "send me a message" or "I'll tell you later". No pretense of finding the perfect match, just pay your money and jump right in the pool.

I told you in the last post about the slide show of men available on this site. I have no idea how many potential matches are available but it seems endless. You spin thru and when you find an interesting photo you click and open his profile. There is a format where the match answers some specific questions: how old he is, where he lives (city and state), how tall, body type, does he consider himself attractive (you betcha), what he did or does for a living, how much income he has ($300,000 per year, yeah - sure) martial state, what type of relationship he is seeking, etc. There is also a section for "new" members and another for "men in your area".

Once you have opened an man's profile and taken a peek, you have the option of sending him a flirt greeting saying "I'm Interested" or sending him an e-mail message or doing nothing. When you open the members profile, your profile is placed in "viewed" folder on his site and if you have initiated contact, your message goes into his message box. There are various other options but I think you get the idea. No sneak peeks on either side; when you look he knows it and you know who has looked at you. Actually, I like this site, easy to use and generally fun to read.

As a newbie, I've just been sitting back and checking out who is checking out me. I had a contact from a nice fellow here in town and we chatted but the differences were greater than the similarities. Since I joined on June 4th, 53 men have viewed my profile. I've become more comfortable in making contact and commenting on a guy's profile or photo. My MWDL described this as being like standing in a line at the Post Office and chatting with the person in front or behind you. There is a guy in northern Nevada who has one of the greatest smiles I have ever seen. His whole face crinkles, his eyes shine and his smile spreads across his face like butter on toast. Not handsome but wow what a grin. Also not a match for me but I send him a note and told him that just looking at his photo had me grinning at my monitor. He thanked me and wished me well in my search.

Yesterday I found a photo of an "old geezer" holding a tiny puppy so I clicked on his profile. He had all the standard stuff and at the bottom he said "I bet you looked because of the puppy didn't you. Gotcha!". I wrote that I would rather look at a puppy than a fish any day and we have been chatting back and forth about a 200+ pound sturgeon that he caught in the Sacramento River in 1972. He said I made his day. Why not spread a little kindness here and there.

Last night an "I'm interested" message arrived. I checked out the profile. OMG! This guy is in his early 40's, cut and buff - wow! I thought about it, really I did, but in the end I replied "Hey Guy, I checked out your profile. You are a hunka, hunka burning love. Cut and buffed beyond belief. Definitely an ole lady's wet dream. It would take me six months of pelvic exercises and a case of estrogen just to dance with you. Thanks for the ego boost, you made this silver haired gal smile."

I think I'm getting into this.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I LOVE you :O) If you ever don't show up for one of our meetings, I'll know you are at home practicing your pelvic exercises!!!

    ReplyDelete