Sunday, June 21, 2009

Younger Men / Older Women

I don't feel quite ready to write this post yet. I intended to do more reading on the subject but on "silvermatch" yesterday I was hit on for the third time by a guy in his early 40's!

He is a cute guy with curly hair and posts three photos of himself making faces. In the background are two large overflowing bookcases. His profile contains the usual stuff, looking for someone special (aren't we all), wants long term relationship, divorced with no children,and so on. After the first contact, I sent a nice reply stating that he is younger than my son and I am just not that adventurous. Told him that I hoped he would find his soul mate.

A week later, he's back. This time I replied: "Hey Guy, you are consistent and I am flattered. You sent me a flirt on June 6th and I replied that I am just not ready for a guy who is younger than my son. So good luck, maybe you will find one of the cougars with money and time who will spoil you. I am looking for a guy in my age group so we can sing the same songs." I'm not going to reply this time, just block him from contacting me again.

But his advances do bring up an interesting question for me. What age range am I considering? My birth certificate makes me 69. My photos show a little round silver haired woman who looks like Mrs. Claus. I drive around in a tricked out car with rock and roll playing at full blast. Yes, my interest is sex is very healthy and I certainly have been educating myself on mature sex.

I thought about this last night. The world of relationships has just about turned upside down since I grew up in the 50's and 60's. Yes, I have hangups about sex with a really younger man. What if he called out "Hot Mama" as he was coming? I would freak out! So maybe I need to give myself a base line of "50 something" and then it all depends on the man. I welcome your thoughts, you can leave comments or e-mail me at GrannyBoogies@gmail.com.

Somewhere, out there......

3 comments:

  1. You really shouldn't be descriminating against someone for thier age - GO FOR IT!!! But might I suggest actual dates or a few first :) LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my blog about sex and aging, I hear from younger men all the time who are attracted to older women and ask how to connect with them. These men say they value the woman's experience, self-knowledge, ease of communication in and out of bed. If you're honestly not attracted to a man younger than your son (every man is somebody's son!), then you're right to send him on his way gently. But if you're intrigued, you might get to know him!

    Joan Price

    Author of Better Than I Ever Expected: Straight Talk about Sex After Sixty (http://www.joanprice.com/BetterThanExpected.htm)

    Join us -- we're talking about ageless sexuality at http://www.betterthanieverexpected.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just posted about your blog on mine: http://betterthanieverexpected.blogspot.com/2009/06/younger-men-seeking-older-women.html. Feel free to comment there, also!

    Joan Price

    Author of Better Than I Ever Expected: Straight Talk about Sex After Sixty (http://www.joanprice.com/BetterThanExpected.htm)

    Join us -- we're talking about ageless sexuality at http://www.betterthanieverexpected.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete