Saturday, June 6, 2009




Welcome to the adventures of Granny B. Two years ago I sort of took a detour off the highway of life, just needed some time to heal and evaluate where my life will go next. My husband and I fought a good battle against Alzheimer's for over eight years. Eight years knowing that there would be no happy ending to our story.

A few weeks ago I was driving down Eastern Avenue near the airport in Las Vegas, playing a good ole Bob Segar tune on my sound system, when I realized that tears were rolling down my face. Not a storm but something like what the Navajo call female rain, soft and gentle, slipping from a crack in my heart. I pulled over into a parking lot and just sat for a few minutes. Maybe it's time for me to start living again. I miss having male companionship. It would be nice to have someone to share the morning paper and coffee or maybe a glass of wine as the day ends.

OK, lets put everything on the table. I am 69, my hair is silver, in the past two years I have packed on a few more pounds than I need so I would describe myself as big and bountiful. I am close to my family with two grandchildren; have strong political opinions, like being a Democratic with a capital "L", prefer to wear berkies and crocs with my jeans, have a funky" tricked out" car, known as the "BOGIEBX" (think boogie box) that I have taken to car shows and meet ups in the past and I just don't consider myself a typical little ole lady.

So I decieded that this is the internet age and why not try online dating! I enrolled in two different senior dating services which I shall call "hookup" and "silver match". The men have started arriving on my computer daily! Wow, every morning there are new matches. I have Cinderella dreams with my coffee. Tall men, short men, bald men, lots of hair men, fat men, slim men: is my special soul mate out there?? What are the rules for senior sex?

Here I am, as the great songwriter Willie Nelson says: "On the road again, I just can't wait to get on the road again". Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear about your search for the near extinct "sexy senior panties". Thank you for giving me something entertaining to read about Real Life:o)...signed your intrigued 33 yr old friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I be Beloved Daughter in law (BDIL) in stead of BWDL ( what's the W for?) I love what you've written so far. I posted your link in the bulletin on section of my myspace account. Keep on boogie-ing!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting a comment on my blog and alerting me to yours. I'll relish your adventures and welcome your thoughts, on your blog and mine.

    As you know if you read my blog, I lost my beloved husband to cancer in August 2008. I'm making my way back to life, too. He gave me a message (I know you'll understand that -- we do get messages) just last week: "I don't want to be the reason you're not living your life." That was a powerful message.

    Joan Price

    Author of Better Than I Ever Expected: Straight Talk about Sex After Sixty (http://www.joanprice.com/BetterThanExpected.htm)

    Join us -- we're talking about ageless sexuality at http://www.betterthanieverexpected.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete