Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sexy Panties or Granny on a panty raid!

OK, I did it or rather we did it together. MWDL was wandering thru the Mall, shopping for a bridal shower gift and found a store having a terrific sale on ladies lingerie that was not Victoria's Secret. She immediately called me and asked what I was doing and did I want to meet her and a friend at the Mall to shop.

At the time, I was sitting on the floor of my Vet's examining room, assisting her in re wrapping Elwood Blues surgical incision. Greyhounds have very thin tight skin. Even small cuts often require stitches and he had a tumor removed from just above his foot. I prefer to participate in my critter's treatment so I am holding his head on my lap and steadying his leg while she treats and wraps.

Yes! As soon as I can take the pup home and get him settled, I am good to shop. Cell phones are so wonderful, I walk into the mall and call to see where they are. We meet and head to what she describes as a terrific sale.

But let's back up for a minute. Prior to signing up for online dating, there were a number of discussions with friends about whether I was ready for actual dating. At one point, I jokingly remarked that maybe I wasn't, after all I no longer had any sexy underwear. During the last number of years I had just switched to plain Costco cotton. One younger friend couldn't understand: "Don't you buy sexy panties just for yourself?" I didn't, they reminded me of what I didn't have and how much I had lost in my life. Now, even though I am not yet dating, it was time to do something just for me.

We walked into the lingerie shop, cool white walls lines hung with racks of pastel lacy items, interspersed with patches of wild color. They really were having a Sale with a capital "S". Nearly all of the panty stock had been placed in white octagon boxes placed at different shelf levels and grouped by size. We found the appropriate sizes and begin to dig into the boxes, holding up various styles and colors for discussion. Three different women, different ages, different shapes, different tastes. In no time, we had the surfaces filled with possible choices and were exchanging panties, asking each other to find the model in another color or size. The staff just smiled and let us do our thing. Other people came and went, politely asking if we were finished with a box so they could shop. Occasionally someone might see an item we were discussing, join in and ask if we could find another one for them. We did if we could. By now the clerks were laughing and checking to see if there was any stock that hadn't been put out. With a bottle of wine, it would have been a good party!

Each bought to our own needs. Mine included silky rose with ivory lace, red satin with wild flowers, figured blue with white lace, beige and lace, cream and lace and an absolutely wild tangerine lace.I needed to leave the past and head into the future reminded that I am a sexy lady. Now when I am wearing my shorts, jeans, T shirts and crocs, I know what I am wearing under them and I smile!

Anybody out there remember the Stephanie Plum novel set in Las Vegas where Lulu throws the hot pink thong at the Elvis impersonator? Well I'm still looking for hot pink! But no thongs please, there are just some places where I don't want to go!

4 comments:

  1. OMG I LOVE Lulu and all of her clothing choices :). Glad you are able to mark the sexy panties off your "TO DO" list. When I see you, I might giggle a bit when I look at your crocs and know you are hiding something...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something comforting in wearing sexy panties under my blue jeans and "mom" clothes. It is an "I've got a secret" sort of feeling with the possibility of "sharing". The Spouse appreciates the new panties so much more than the drawer full of Walmart cotton briefs they are replacing. It's nice to know that after 26 years together, he still checks out my panties! I hope our other shopping buddy is getting some positive reinforcement from her spouse, too. It's a good feeling to be appreciated a little more. It is also a good feeling to know that we have helped set you up for success. You go Granny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason, I have an image of Granny in a trench coat and stilettos waiting at the train station! What's underneath (or not) is only for her mystery man to discover :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No posts for a while...has someone piqued your interest and been keeping you busy?

    ReplyDelete